August 27, 2004

Comments

It takes a hell of a lot more courage to live with and share information about a diagnosis of bipolar disorder if you're not Jane Pauley. Hey Jane, some of us are way ahead of you and we can ALL "afford" it to tell our stories!!!!! YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.Do you have to look down on people?

Posted by: abantz at September 27, 2004 4:48 AM

Thank you for your book & description of how bipolar can be a side effect or brought on by other medications. The psychological community has not made such information available enough. I'm involved in a case in Family Court in which information about psych disorders which underlie much of the child alienation going on is poorly understood and as a result a huge scandal is brewing. I would be happy to outline the tragedy I have experienced due to treatment my husband underwent & has ended in him holding my daughter hostage & my just now realizing my poor legal representation. Jane's story has many facets.

Posted by: Jean M McLaughlin at July 8, 2005 4:25 AM

I have been diagnosed as being bipolar. All this time I thought I was depressed and normal. Unlike Jan Pauley, I didn’t have anything I loved to fall back on, so I have made some very bad mistakes in search of the normalcy!
Maybe it was in the drugs we were given! I am just about 18 months younger than Jane, and I really know how she feels!
Tim

Posted by: Tim D LItton at August 5, 2005 1:55 PM

My wife was currently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. At first my wife wanted to be single again. I've been with my wife since she was 14 years old. We had made a life together and felt it would be forever. My wife then started to exersise like an athlete competing for a spot on the olympics team. I didn't think anything of it, I thought she was going through her midlife crisis a little early (31 years old). She started to get compliments at work all the time and she would tell me. I didn't think it was unusual, she is a very beatiful women and guys would hit on her for as long as I could remember,therefore I didn't think anything of it. She then started to insult me and critisize me for all types of different things, I was fed up I was ready to leave her after 18 years. I couldn't understand why she was being this way. A few weeks later I asked her, "do you want to say something?" She began to cry and tell me she wasn't sure and that she thinks we have fell out of love. I was shocked but agreed and said I would leave. We continued to talk that day and figured we have been taking each others love for granted for a long time and thought we needed to work on our relationship. I thought it was a good idea and so did she. However she then started to complane of not sleeping and feeling sick to her stomach all the time, she didn't seem happy. She starts going to the doctors the doctor perscribed her prozac.After a couple of days on this she completly falls apart. She then tells me again that she can't do it anymore. I tell her I understand. She continues to tell me I don't deserve this and that I've been a great husband. I tell her I have not been the great husband that you are putting me out to be. I confess and tell her that I have had a sexual relation with someone else, that is when she tells me the same. I'm shocked, my wife has always been a very religous person with ver high morals. She would be sick when she would here of someone cheating on their spouse. I felt like I was talking to a stranger. My wifes guilt had put her in depression. She continued to pull me in and out for about a week before she attempted sucide. She was then hospitalized. She didn't know what was wrong she felt numb (no feelings at all) afeter seeing the doctor, the doctor informed me that she could be bi-polar. She has been getting treatment for about 4 days now. This is the best I've seen her in over 1 1/2 months. I've since reevaluated our lives together. I am in complete love with my wife and will take care of her for as long as she wants me to. During all of this I felt hopeless that I couldn't help my wife or save our marriage, but now with the help of medication I believe there is a reason for everything. My love for my beautiful wife is stronger that the day we got married, I feel as if we are soul mates. Funny how things work out.

Posted by: ? at August 25, 2005 9:20 AM

My name is Dana, I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was 27 years old. The worst part about it is that I'm a rapid cycler. Within Minutes I can go from Super Woman to Dysfunctional Child. I am an "Adult Trapped in a Teenage Mind". Recently I failed to see the red flags waving due to the failure of getting any peace and quiet.I am now victim of preditor lending but I'm not gonna stay a victim, they did not comply with anything they were supposed to due in the loan papers. I then had a breakdown while planning my wedding including alienating all my friends, and I've lost my job due to frequent tardiness by average of 10 minutes give or take. Now my oldest daughter is showing syptoms and I've got the school district sending me letters of truancy instead of having some kind of program or a temporary Independant Study contract like they do for hospitalizations. They sent a brochure on alterrnative schools. What are they trying to do! make matters worse by basicly saying I can't even tell them what is going on in fear of them taking her from me or making her change schools when she just finally made friends? Yesterday she informed me that she only got 2 F's. That is a miracle in itself. At her old school she had all F's. I'd like to just be able to handle this by taking her in for Dx and treatment so that she won't go through the horror that I did for the last 31 years of my life. I can't even get treatment when my medication runs out because I can't afford Cobra at 4xx.00 dollars a month and I'm not taking her to the county womens clinic, they didn't even know what they were talking about. I knew what I needed, I had a hotline confirm the exact same thing on my last really bad episode. I've never been hospitalized, Even though I tried one morning at breakfast, they told me they couldn't take me in because I wasn't suicidal. According to my most recent therapyst the only reason that I'm alive today is because of my extreme fear of going to hell if I do. I'm not going to Hell. I don't care how much I want to die at times my fear of going to hell is more terrifying than living. I can only say this, by becoming more aware of my body and watching it like a clock, mostly because of my hypothyroidism, which caused the rapid cycling. I am one of few that knows and tells everyone when I'm in an episode or about to start one. Unfortunately I have become a very unsocialalbe person, and bitter with anger because I screamed for help from friends, family, and work and no one did anything at all. They were mad at me because I couldn't help them. I wish I could just take us all to somewhere calming and camp out until we learn to depend on eachother, and not ignore one another. I told them yesterday that I was going to take us all camping like those bratcamps and we'll either kill eachother or we'll be alot closer when we get home. That is if I can leave my house. How can you get Bipolar disorder from other medications, I'vee heard of rapid cycling from meds but not getting the actual illness from it!!

Posted by: Dana M. Thomas at October 21, 2005 6:24 AM

What's very disturbing is women in therapy with BP w/RC
variant getting nowhere because their therapist are more interested in having return client. One therapist in Seattle had my girlfriend seeing him for years and did not recognize either the bipolar or rapid cycling. I confronted him with the data and he called the police! Rather than treat the women for her malaise, he stuck back with a harrasment complaint. What nerve! Now the women continues to suffer the ravages of this disorder and is convinced it is other people not the Bipolar RC.

Posted by: john bocchetti at July 20, 2006 8:37 AM

What is the dynamic between those who are bipolar and the partners they effect? Theresa would get very upset over minor events while driving or justing sitting. I could see a change come over her face. Then an outburst, projection followed by a verbal upsetment. Two years is a long time to be locked into a relationship with someone who practises promiscuity, unprotected, and demonstrates compulsions of control, like, "there was no shirt."
I had found a man's t-shirt, nathan's, in the hamper. I'm still getting therapy for this, it haunts me that someone can be such a compulsive liar...

Posted by: john bocchetti at April 21, 2007 10:26 AM

My 'boyfriend' of 8 years...2 mos sober, began Prozac...In March he still met me each day at the Park and Ride, told me he loved me..kisses etc...On May 5th he married someone else...just like that!! No warning...just gone. He married his work partner's (a woman)partner of 10 years...she too began Prozac at the same time...I hear it was her suggestion that my "boyfriend" begin it with her...apparently she and he had been secretly planning?? Who knows, all I know now is that he is gone...totally...once I thought he was my best friend/soul mate...(just months ago)...in a blink of an eye...he coldly wiped me off his shoe so to speak...I believe it all began with Prozac...I believe he was Bipolar...and with the alcoholism...prozac sent him over the edge completely into a Mania..he will probably never overcome. He is now married to a Lesbian (former?)...and he just inherited a very large amount of money...so I am sure he is off and running for life!! What will happen when the Prozac and Marriage stop "working" for him???

Posted by: Ramona at August 3, 2007 5:59 PM

I was diagnosed with Bipolar when I was 20 years old. I have been hospitalized 4 times since I have been diagnosed. I have for sure learned my lesson. I am in my late twenties and I have some ruff times in my life and I look at it all as a new beginning. I am also, have the support of my Family and Friends that keeps me going each and every day. I am so glad have such respect for having a mental illness. I know that some people have turned me away but, you can't help it if they want to turn you away for some rediculous reason. Also, not to understand it takes patience. It is all it comes down to to also, have the love and understanding from People.

Posted by: Tina at October 10, 2008 1:39 PM

welcome to china wholesale direct from China!
wholesale shoes shop supply any kinds goods!Such as
wholesale shoes wholesale DVD wholesale bags
any accessories you need,you can find & buy from china wholesale ! High quality , good service and fairprice are
our China wholesale concered!If you want to know more about our wholesale china ! Welcome to check on our
website!Any needs or any orther questions, welcome to contact us at any time ! Shopping online offers lots of benefits
that you won't find shopping in a store or by mail. The Internet is always open — seven days a week, 24 hours a
day — and bargainscan be numerous online.With a click of a mouse, you can buy an airline ticket, book a hotel,
send flowers to a friend .

Posted by: wholesale shoes at April 20, 2010 10:12 PM