September 28, 2001

Comments

Hello,

My daughters and I took part in 2001 in the genetic study.
Two of my 3 daughters have Biopolar disorder. They are both on maintance drugs and the oldest daughter who was on Lithium is doing better than the youngest who never took Lithium. She has had a much harder and slower recovery. She has a ultra rapid cycle bi polar disorder. Both a more prone to the manic side of the disorder and less the depressive side. My youngest daughter has anxiety disorder also. I now have a granddaughter with behavior problems at the onset of her teens. I am wondering about this being a medical problem with bi polar.

I hope that there will soon be a way to quickly identify this disorder and treat it before it causes such craziness and dispair in families.

Knowledge is power and so I hope that you acquire all the knowledge about this illness. It is past the time for
bipolar families to have power over this illness.

Marilyn Kamm

Posted by: Marilyn Kamm at June 20, 2005 1:55 PM

Hi,
I have just found out that I suffer from bipolar. I know there is a history of depression in my family on both sides. This is making me not want to ever have children. I hope more people will be educated on this topic so that we can learn to live with it as human family.

Posted by: Rachel Grafton at August 8, 2005 10:03 AM

To all,

I am 24 and have been diagnosed with Bipolar. Life has been hard, up and down like a rollercoaster. There are days, when I ask God, why I am still here.

Today is my first day when I will be taking my first tablet of medication. I am looking forward to medication helping me, as I feel I have gotton worse.

Bipolar can be so blinding and fog your decisions in life. I have found it very hard to stay in a job.

I would like to have Kids, but pray they get my husbands genes not mine. It is very important to educate this in the community.

For all who are suffering with Bipolar, it is vital that you have the support of counselors, doctors.

I am seeing 3. When one is not available, I know another is there. Its great when I see all three in One day, as I see my Counsellor, G.P, and my Psychotherapist/Hypnotherapist.

They help me see my Bipolar and help me see things clearly when I suffer my really low points.

My thoughts are with all, as we suffer and fight this Bipolar.

Take Care.

Denise xoxoxox

Posted by: Denise Nehme at August 25, 2005 7:18 PM

My husband is suffering with bipolar disorder. Because of his medication his whole personality has changed completely. He went from a passionate, romantic, sensative man to a insensative,non-caring human being. He has been taking several different types of medication and none have helped. Please help us by recommending the best medication or doctors.

Posted by: Julie at October 11, 2005 8:49 PM

Well, I’ve been wndoering about a genetic basis for Christmas, so perhaps we could start the ball rolling here. I have heard some speculation about a gene associated with ‘religiousosity’ and of course, we’ve heard about a ‘sense of family’ having a possibly genetic basis. Could we add to that musicality? How about a predisposition to spend too much money, eat too much and drink too much? Or to exclaim Yo ho ho, in a hearty voice?I think someone should explore this further….

Posted by: Tongsuk at February 5, 2012 4:40 AM