June 13, 2005

Comments

Thank you for featuring me on your web blog. It is time that people with manic depression were taken seriously and everyone who has it should come forward and stop the humiliation for others in the future. Then we can change the world and make it a healthier, happier place.

Posted by: Jason Pegler at June 30, 2005 1:31 PM

Thank you for this outstanding article. I have been facilitating a writer's circle, following the guidelines of Pat Schneider's Writing by Yourself and With Others", of people who have mental illness. This is not a therapy group but focused on writing and writer's exercises. It is great to find an article that links writing and recovery. It is my hope to train persons with mental illness to conduct these writer's circles. Thank you for sharing your information.

aloha,
eve

Posted by: Eve Schell Okumura at July 12, 2005 4:06 PM

Dear Eve,

Please email me and suggest how I can be of service in the training of these writers. When people have gone through the creative process you know that you can send them to www.chipmunkapublishing.com to have their voices heard so we can continue with the greaterst civil rights movement of all time.

Posted by: Jason Pegler at July 19, 2005 2:36 PM

Thanks for the article. I'm quite impressed with Jason's exploits. I have just finished graduate school. However, I did not qualify for academic scholarships (due to the effect bipolar had on my earlier studies). I am working on starting a non-profit to raise moneys for people wanting to finish their higher education studies but who don't qualify for academic scholarships. The website is www.mybipolar.org. I hope to develop it more actively soon with the assistance of other members of our bipolar 'community'. If you know any resources that could provide assistance/advice in this endeavor, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Posted by: Kevin at July 24, 2005 10:40 PM

i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2000, my belief is that what i experienced is post traumatic stress syndrome-i have quite the story to tell about my childhood and would appreciate any help you can give me in doing so. I am a 45 year old female with quite a dysfuctional childhood and one hell of a life as an adult, until I found aa and my higher power.

Posted by: mary at October 11, 2005 12:58 PM

Hi Mary,

Get in touch. I will help you. you are very brave and will be able to help other people. Chipmunkapublishing wants to help.

Posted by: Jason Pegler at September 6, 2007 7:28 AM

I've often wanted to tell all my manic and depressive stories to someone who would listen. I've suffered for 15 years since the murder of my sister and subsequent divorce of ex-husband(cop). I've done a million things while manic and most of which I feel left me without a real life at age 50 now.

Posted by: Yfauna at January 3, 2008 3:39 PM

I'm bipolar and I started my own blog as an outlet for my my being bipolar. That way I have a way to let it all out. I have more problems with depression than with mania. I've had a few manic episodes and I'd prefer them over the depresseion anytime. Anyways, my recommendation to anyone is to start writing your feelings down. Let it all out no matter how bad it might be let it out. It really will help you. You might still get depressed or get manic but at least you have your writing to turn to.

Posted by: Bobby Capps at March 18, 2008 4:31 PM

I am very pleased that in today's world we are able to
openly express the truth about being bi-polar, at leastfor the most part. I am not totally convinced the workplace can be a safe haven.
I am 64, have know sinceage 19..had traama in early childhood and very overly protective parents...tragic marriages....awesome children!
Yes ..really...God is truly my guide and confonter and my
..at least three of my children try very hard to hunderstand and let me be their Mom.....comments welcome..:Kit (still learning)

Posted by: kit at April 14, 2008 11:01 AM

I am 20 years old and have been diagnosed with bipolar since i was 7 ive found in my episodes that drinking ice cold water in a situation where im flipping out calms me down its like putting a fire out I have a girlfriend who loves me and sticks with me through it im so lucky to have her many have turned away bcus they cant handle it St Johns Wort Positive mood pills help too my parents think im worthless bcus i cant concentrate on anything what do you do to help you concentrate

Posted by: Brad at April 19, 2008 1:35 PM

I've had the diagnosis of Bipolar for 13 years and have been through hell and back. I used to feel like I was entitled so some sort of fame or acclaim for having dealt with this rotten brilliant disorder. I wanted to "help" other people deal with the highs and lows but now find myself at such a "stir-crazy" low because of having been leveled by the disorder once again. I am at "rock bottom" and my creative ideas and solutions for this "gray period" are stuck inside of me. Normally, I would have had a burst or a bolt of creative genius to catapult me out of this funk. But right now I am truly uninspired by the dull part of this disease. I am really sick and tired of "resting" and I need a creative outlet and need to feel like an artist and writer. There's the thought that I must do something that really helps people because I know just how maddening it can get to feel like you're contributing nothing of worth or value to society when you've got so much knowledge, love and wisdom at your disposal. I wish someone would commission me to write my autobiography or a book of poetry or prose. I'd really love to have a regular column in a newspaper or magazine that cares about chronicaling the struggles and the triumphs of living well with Bipolar and defying the statistics. First, however, I would like to recieve some kind of award for braving the landscape of madness several times, coming out alive and being willing to share my story of survival with others. Getting my story out is something I have always been passionate about and I hope that someday my passion for my story, my unyielding faith in the workings of the universe and the sharing of my story will meet in the middle and I'll get to be a role model, standing in the forefront of this movement to lessen stigma and help make people's lives more comfortable and more meaningful.

Posted by: Heather at November 24, 2010 1:36 PM