August 4, 2005

Comments

I1m feeling very suicidal. I beleive I`ve hit bottom and outlived my purpose.

Posted by: jcadorette at May 15, 2006 1:16 PM

I1m,
Once I expereinced feelings of hopelessness, entertained only the thought of my life ending. It didn't take long to dismiss the possibility of such inclination. Proper meds and faith in God keeps me going. For God has all the power we need to hang in there. Remember, never will he put more on us than we can bear. Nor, leave us without a way of correct escape.

Posted by: taundra at October 5, 2006 10:07 AM

Thank you for that profound statement. It rings so true. I really needed to hear that today. Thanks again.

Posted by: Leslie Patton at January 5, 2007 8:23 AM

Jcardorette,
Who do you have that you can call? We all have purpose, even though sometimes its hard to see. I have just been diagnosed with BP and have had some of the same feelings your having. You are not alone, we all need each other.

Posted by: Piper at May 14, 2007 1:31 PM

I was told I had depression and panic disorder for over a year. My medicine made me worse instead of better. Finally, I was refered to a Psychiatrist & dianosed with BP. My new meds work better. I'm waiting to be healed. I use to be so brave, now I'm so scared. I left home at 13 and traveled the world alone intill I was 21. Now I'm 25,a mother to two toddlers. I suffer with paranoia. I won't drive, or have any contact with people except of course w/ my children and partner. I live like a person who's punished in jail always stuck inside my four walls. I always am frustrated that I can't control my fears or moods, it can be scary. I've plunged to the depths of hell and BACK. I found GOD and then lost him. If not for my children I'd have nothing to live for. That's enough for me.

Posted by: Jenna at August 31, 2007 11:38 AM

There isn't enough known about the mind yet for me to feel comfortable trusting a doctor with my issues. I also do not have health insurance so seeing a doctor is not affordable for me anyway. I do not wish to try experimental drugs out of fear that they will make my condition worse. I have taken Wellbutrin in the past, which helped me for a time, but had to stop taking it when it became too expensive for me.

My period is a time of great anxiety, paranoia, and stress for me. Many women in my family suffer from mood swings and as a future mom I am currently searching for more understanding. I am fearful that I will pass bad behavior onto my children, like my parents did to me. My husband is extremely supportive and assures me that everything will be fine. If it wasn't for his loving and kind energy, I don't know where I would be.

I believe women are biologically forced to think about their emotions more than men are, due to the fact that women have a larger portion of their brains devoted to emotions and memories than men do. Because emotions are not logical, women tend to go crazy trying to understand why our emotions are magnified without reason other than physical changes in our bodies.

Self diagnosing and therapy is not working all of the time for me, but I feel that with practice and over time I will learn to understand my body better, and learn to quiet my mind whenever I feel like I am spinning out of control.

Things that help calm me when everything else makes me anxious:

● meditation
● exercise
● socializing
● playing a game
● laughing
● fantasizing
● listening to music
● singing
● dancing
● visiting the terminally-ill
● tanning

We are all different, and will not respond to the same treatments in the same ways. Do not give up on yourself, but have hope and a desire to live life to the fullest. Everything will be alright!

Posted by: 25 year old American woman at August 12, 2008 10:44 PM

Hi All

I was diagnosed with manic depressive disorder when i was 16 years old. I am now 31 and I found out that my progesterone levels were very low 5 years ago and I have been using natural progesterone cream ever since. This stabaized my mental state for the first time in my life. Since then i have been researching the link between adrenal stress low progesterone and bipolar. There is a very clear and strong link.

My tools for stabalizing myself are to use 1/2 tspn 3.3% natural progesterone cream each day b$ ovulation and 1 tson a day after ovulation. I use adaptogens to heal my adrenal glands. I eat regularly to stabalize ny blood sugar level. I eat 80% raw food and superfoods following David Wolfes teachings. I am medication free and now bipolar free as low as i stick to this regime. Please feel free to email me. Kirsten

Posted by: Kirsten at October 27, 2008 7:52 AM

I would appreciate your post specially regarding tubal ligation, I also have same comments about this but if we talk about the reverse procedure of it, yes I'm talking about tubal reversal. It is a surgical procedure that restores fertility to women after a tubal ligation. By rejoining the separated segments of fallopian tube, tubal reversal gives women the chance to become pregnant again naturally.

Posted by: tubal reversal at March 26, 2010 7:58 AM

I appreciate the post, well whenever we talk about the permanent contraception, there always an option comes about permanent contraception which is to be said tubal ligation, and tubal reversal is reverse procedure of it, for more information http://www.mybabydoc.com

Posted by: tubal reversal at March 26, 2010 9:13 AM

I must say about special considerations for women who have bipolar disorder, remember that there is always a solution of every problem, tubal reversal is a surgery which gives woman a chance to pregnant again.

Posted by: tubal reversal at April 8, 2010 6:34 AM

I'm a woman in the late thirties & I was pregnant did not use any medications(anti-depressants, no lithium meds.) Throughout my pregnancy. I was great I had no symptoms at all.

Posted by: Maribel at August 25, 2011 1:07 PM