October 21, 2006

Comments

I am a bipolar ii patient and it is my second year after being diagnosed and treated and everything that is written is exactly the way I experience it. I would like to be kept update with more information

Posted by: menante at August 21, 2007 1:31 AM

I find this info. very interesting. I have been in therapy for 2 1/2 years. I'm sure I needed to be much sooner. I am going into a sleep study this month. I am a babyboomer. I wish all of these studies were available for me when I was young. I know I would have had a less turbulent and more fulfilling life. Thank God for persistant Psychiatrists and researchers in their concern for others, for researching new therapies.

Posted by: Barb at September 3, 2007 8:58 AM

my son a 22 year old college student was put on medication for bb polar disorder. he was given a packet where it would build him up to 300 m a night. from day one it has made him sleep for 16 hours.he had started to be able to sleep for about 12 to 13 hours and he missed a dose then it put him right back to 16-18 hours. he is a college student.HELP!!!!

Posted by: carole at May 28, 2008 6:54 AM

I am curious what medicine your son was prescribed. I strongly suggest that you study up on the meds that are given so that you are well "armed" with information. My husband has recently gone through 4 or 5 different meds that had a terrible effect on his bipolar 2 over the past 8 months. He has finally been put on depakote and it is doing a great job evening out his moods. If it is possible to attend psych visits with him make it happen. Many times a person suffering from bipolar cannot accurately describe their circumstances. Someone who sees their behavior on a regular basis can cut our much of the guess work for the doctor. My husband reported that everything was "just fine" when, in fact, life was and absolute disaster and his anger and judgment were out of control to say the very least. Even leaving messages on the doctors machine when uninvited to appointments can be extremely helpful because even if the doctor is restricted by privacy laws to speak with you they will be able to hear your perspective and take it into account.

Hope this helps. God bless you and your son

Posted by: jenny halverson at March 30, 2010 8:27 PM

bip 2

Posted by: elizabeth at May 18, 2010 3:47 PM

Getting enough sleep can be difficult, especially with all the modern-day stress for every middle-class individual, which is most of us. Making a call for therapists could make a big difference in this matter. Good information in this article about sleep disorders and research.

Posted by: Blog Specialist at August 17, 2011 8:49 AM