August 22, 2007

Comments

Bloomberg News reported, "In trials, 27 percent of those receiving the highest dosage of Risperdal had symptoms of neurological side effects that cause involuntary jerking or movements, compared with 5 percent of patients on placebos."

According to Risperdal's FDA package insert, in two 8-week clinical trials of pediatric patients 46% of the kids on Risperdal suffered movement disorders including tremor, dystonia, automatism (tics), dyskenisia or parkinsonism, vs. 8% on placebo. That's a 475% greater risk for movement disorders in children on Risperdal!

The pediatric trial results are copied below.

RISPERDAL (risperidone)
Incidence of Treatment-Emergent Adverse Events in Two 8-Week, Placebo-Controlled Trials in Pediatric Patients with Autistic Disorder

Adverse Event RISPERDAL Placebo

Respiratory infection 34% 15%
Weight increase 5% 0%
Tachycardia 7% 0%

Ben Hansen
Traverse City, Michigan

Posted by: Ben Hansen at August 23, 2007 8:17 AM

This means that once they approved it for bipolar disorder, they approved it as a treatment for schizophrenia too, isn’t it so? But as far as I know, the limit age is not 10 as you say. It’s 13. I remember reading that on a flyer in a Canadian pharmacy. So… how is it, in the end?

Posted by: Ada at May 19, 2008 3:42 PM

Risperdal was a wonder drug for me, when I first started taking it as a teenager. That was, until I was diagnosed with dystonia, caused by risperdal. I couldn't walk, or sit up. I was forced to quit wrestling, stop working out, minimize my social life to such a low level, that hanging out with my friends was something I was not able to do for a long time. Before, I had been a very athletic and competitive teen. I had been working out consistantly for about 4 years prior to the onset of this dystonia. Being taken off the risperdal, I was put on a drug called artane (the dystonia drug with the least side effects). There is no cure for the dystonia, but the artane soon allowed me to walk (with a very weird posture). After upping the dose of the artane, I suffered a schizophrenic episode as a side effect, and was put on other meds to counter it. The symptoms that risperdal treats are very tolerable in comparison with the drug's side effects. No matter how large or small the percentage of people who develop side effects from risperdal, remember that these percentages are made up of people. Just think about how your life would be if you weren't able to walk? How many people want to see their children recieving their diploma on stage in a weelchair? You decide.

Posted by: Matt W. at August 18, 2008 7:15 PM

All people deserve wealthy life and mortgage loans or just credit loan will make it much better. Because people's freedom is grounded on money state.

Posted by: VelasquezLeann20 at December 20, 2010 1:52 AM

That’s not just logic. That’s really snseblie.

Posted by: Katty at June 9, 2011 1:52 PM

1NaMYe cfwrmxmrkmjc

Posted by: drgdsrour at June 11, 2011 12:41 AM

MOuvWB brmomiaxrong

Posted by: tvihwhkf at June 13, 2011 2:58 AM

to drink warm milk before bedmite to help you sleep. You can try it, but a cup of decaffeinated tea may taste better. A warm drink warms your insides, but don’t drink too much to fill your tummy. That could put you right back to having acidreflux, which hurts!Make Your Room PeacefulIf the budget allows, paint your walls a tranquil color. Pick a color you like, preferably in soft hues to cover the walls. Loud patterns, colored stripes or bright wallpaper may interfere with your relaxation at night. If you walk into a bedroom decorated the way you like, you can exhale deeply, and fall right into bed. It’s your room and the way you like it. Sleep soundly knowing you picked it out.Buy a NoisemakerWhen the house is completely quiet, some people can’t sleep at all. Insert – noise machine. These little machines plug in and offer a variety of sounds to choose from. Some include a babbling brook,ocean waves, white noise and heartbeats. Heartbeats, you say? Yes. Babies have been shown to sleep with this since it simulates their mother’s heartbeat that they listened to for 9 months.Buy a Good PillowEvery person has his or her own preference for a pillow style. Lumpy, bumpy, firm or soft – it makes no difference as long as it is comfortable to you. Purchase one with a solid covering so the stuffing doesn’t fall out and make a mess. On the other hand, if it doesn’t have a good covering, buy an extra pillowcase and double stuff it.

Posted by: Britney at September 16, 2012 5:42 AM