November 7, 2007



I am very interested in knowing about any and all research on BiPolar 1. My son is 30 and in crisis about every 6 months. He is very compliant with his meds. Please advise if you have a current study in which he could participate from Colorado. Thank you so much

Posted by: Dinah at February 27, 2008 11:29 AM

hi-- i am a health professional who is bi-polar. i am on lithium, seroquel, and take zyprexa for short periods prn for hypomania. i am very interested in participating in one or more of the studies you are introducing. please phone me at 218-525-8415, or email me. i look forward to hearing from/getting an email from you. I've suffered from b/p for over 30 years, and my father is also bipolar (age 80). I've been on antidepressants (ALL) types until the past two years, and have done better, I think, without them. I have quite detailed records and tracking, which helps me to keep things in perspective. sorry this is long--i'm a bit revved up. deb


Posted by: deb walli at March 30, 2008 3:54 PM

I have a 20 year old son that has been experiencing what we can best describe as Bipolar II disorder. He has tried and been very compliant many differing meds, with Zyprexa being a pretty good constant and then a variety of anti-depressents that do not seem to work. He is prone to extended severe depressive states and has not found a med that can hold his mood up for any extended period (beyond a couple of days recently). He has tried several episodes of ECT with no significant improvement. If there are any new studines or treatments in the Missouri area, we would love to hear about them.


Posted by: Keith Schieler at August 12, 2008 7:06 PM

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder about a year and a half ago. I am on lithium, trazadone and other meds for sleep and I tke them regularly but still have episodes and trouble sleeping. Please let me know if you have any studies in or around Columbus, Ohio. Betty

Posted by: Betty Rogers at August 12, 2009 10:14 AM

that you should talk to sobemody. It sounds like that’s what you want to do but that you feel like you’re parents have dismissed you in the past and you don’t feel comfortable trying to talk to them again. I would probably feel the same way in your situation. If you can find sobemody like a school counselor or teacher, another adult relative you feel comfortable with, or even one of your friend’s parents that you can talk to, that might be a good idea. From there you can ask them to help you, and maybe they can help you talk to your parents and get you to a counselor or psychiatrist; this will be easier if your parents are there to support you. I suggest this first because counselors aren’t free. If there is nobody else that you can talk to, then by all means see if you can get a hold of a counselor who is willing to take some time to talk to you for a little bit without payment and then maybe they can help you talk to your parents. Even though counselors need to make a living, they are first and foremost there to help you. I am glad to hear that you have never attempted suicide and I truly hope that you never do. Please, if you feel like you want to end your life then go to the hospital or call 911. I won’t lie and say that things will be better right away; you might have to spend some time in the hospital, but look at Demi Lovato and how much better she is doing after spending time getting help. I too have been in the hospital and used to s/h. There is no shame in asking for help, and don’t ever forget that you are not alone. Each and every one of you on here will be in my thoughts.

Posted by: Mike at September 17, 2012 8:52 PM

GXoDpz tukeoaswqzwk

Posted by: jcvjejw at September 20, 2012 1:54 AM