November 7, 2007

Comments

I am 25&have bipolar.I have known for 8yrs I dont want to risk having a child who could go through what I've been through. I couldn't live with the guilt or cope with a bipolar child. it is nothing to do with stigma&what anyone else thinks because it would be me trying to hold the pieces together-not them. I'm really struggling to find out what my options are-is there a difference between hysterectomy&sterilisation?&most scarily what could be the effects on my BP.i surely can't be the only one who feels like this!any info,advice, experience anyone has would be so helpful.i really don't have a clue.

Posted by: clare at May 20, 2008 4:24 PM

Hi there - I'm researching the same topic to help my daughter who I love dearly. Good Luck

Posted by: chris at June 4, 2008 3:52 AM

Hi - I have wanted to have lots of kids for my whole life. I have been more stable the past year than ever in my life and it is during this time that I've decided not to have biological children. I have the same reasons as Clare but also, selfishly, I don't want to risk what a pregnancy would do to ME. The hormonal changes aside, I'm stable partially thanks to Lamictal (in small doses, mostly because of lifestyle changes) and I can't get pregnant while on it. I'm terrified of having a baby and then having severe episodes either during or right after the pregnancy. When there are so many children out there that need families, I really don't think it's worth the risk to myself or my baby.

Posted by: Lauren at July 18, 2008 8:12 AM

Hi my names renee
my girlfriend just broke up with me and i was always feeling down. I am confused do i have depression, bipolar or just seeking attention. please help me i usually cut myself for sypathy am i normal

Posted by: Karen smith at September 30, 2008 9:00 AM

send me more info on bypolar any thing you can all base

Posted by: che casados at March 26, 2009 10:24 AM

This article greatly help the people who are suffering from Bipolar disorder symptoms to improve their life.

Posted by: Bipolar disorder symptoms at April 9, 2009 11:45 PM