December 11, 2007

Comments

How does one know if they have bi polar???

Posted by: Tiffany at April 21, 2008 9:47 PM

You would have to make an appointment with a psychiatrist; check your insurance carrier to make sure you get one in-network. It's a gajillion dollars if you get someone outside. Next, you want to write down what you're having trouble with, like sleeping too little or too much, irritability, spending too much money on things like snakebite kits...whatever. This is because once you get to the doc, and they're sitting there looking at you, you'll forget half of it. Trust me. Also, if you have had time when you felt like you were on top of the world, not sleeping much, and feeling powerful, like you could do anything, make sure you TELL THEM. Even if telling a doctor that you sometimes feel really great seems silly, tell them. Otherwise, they might just think you're depressed, and they could put you on an SSRI anti-depressant, which can cycle you into a super-crazy mania. Not the fun kind, either. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Posted by: Brenna at April 26, 2008 2:18 PM

I yeah i think might have experienced that Phenomena but i have ADD i think?

Posted by: Eli at September 17, 2008 7:46 PM

Also i would like to know what you mean by SSRI anti-depressant can cause super-crazy mania and that it is not at all fun because i am taking an SSRI anti-depressant and have been experiencing speed up and i can barely feel my legs or anything else and i haven't felt emotion in a very long time even and think i have experienced it even before i was on serotonin inhibitors but it is happening much more often and more intense

Posted by: Eli at September 17, 2008 8:57 PM

Eli-
The super-crazy mania isn't so much a speeding up but a euphoric 'I'm on top of the world' feeling. One experiencing this would probably do things they would usually believe were crazy or be afraid of. In one of my craziest periods I just picked up a skate-board and tried to learn to skate, even went down a ramp. Looking back, I feel like a moron but at the time it felt like nothing could stop me... you know, until I broke my ankle. Other times you may chase the high- piercings, tattoos, jumping off ridiculously high things, or skipping and jumping for no reason. Eventually it is followed by irritability that the person believes is just but that has no cause. Then depression. My significant other finally lost it with me because he felt like he was walking on egg-shells because anything would set me off. Looking back after realizing this I know he was right and I look for signs that I am in a bad mood that isn't caused by anything and try to seperate myself or push it aside when possible. Hope this helps clear things up a bit
-Amanda

Posted by: Amanda at November 5, 2008 7:12 AM

Specialists say that personal loans aid a lot of people to live their own way, just because they can feel free to buy necessary goods. Moreover, a lot of banks give collateral loan for young and old people.

Posted by: HelenHOPKINS at July 23, 2011 4:04 PM

It's good that we can take the mortgage loans and it opens completely new possibilities.

Posted by: VAUGHNMarsha20 at March 13, 2012 1:16 AM