If you’re a vape enthusiast, you know how frustrating it can be when your disposable vape pen dies unexpectedly.
But don’t worry, here’s how to make a disposable vape work after it dies.
The first thing you can try is to charge the battery for 20 minutes. This may help revive a dead battery.
If this doesn’t work, try taking the cartridge out of the pen and putting it back in again.
Sometimes, the connection between the battery and the coil can become blocked by debris or residue, preventing the pen from working.
Another thing you can try is to clean the battery terminal with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
Check the battery for damage, such as cracks or leaks, and replace it if necessary.
If your disposable vape pen still isn’t working, there may be an issue with the sensors.
In this case, try vaping with one of your fingers around one of the airflow vents, which increases the airflow pressure and might get the sensors up and running again.
How To Make A Disposable Vape Work After It Dies
If your disposable vape pen stops working, there are a few things you can try to revive it. Here are some troubleshooting steps:
Check The Battery Connection
The battery connection is the most common issue with disposable vape pens.
Sometimes the connection between the battery and the coil can become blocked by debris or residue, preventing the pen from working. To fix this, try the following:
- Remove the battery and clean the battery terminal with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Check the battery for damage, such as cracks or leaks.
- Make sure the battery is properly aligned with the coil and firmly screwed in.
Clean The Contacts
If the battery connection is not the issue, the problem may be with the contacts. To clean the contacts:
- Remove the battery and cartridge from the vape pen.
- Clean the contacts on the battery and cartridge with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Make sure the contacts are completely dry before reassembling the vape pen.
If none of these troubleshooting steps work, the vape pen may be faulty and you should consider contacting the manufacturer for a replacement or refund.
Recharging The Battery
If your disposable vape has a charging port, you can recharge the battery once it dies. Here are the steps you can follow to recharge the battery:
Charge The Battery
The first step is to connect your disposable vape to a charger. Make sure you use the correct charger that is compatible with your device. Here are the steps to charge your disposable vape:
- Plug the charger into a power source.
- Insert the charger into the charging port of the disposable vape.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes while the battery charges.
- It’s recommended you let it sit and charge in 7 – 10 minute intervals.
- Do not leave the battery unattended while it is charging.
- If you see smoke or the battery or wires start getting too hot, unplug the charger immediately.
Replace The Battery
If your disposable vape does not have a charging port, you will need to replace the battery once it dies. Here are the steps to replace the battery:
- Remove the battery from the disposable vape.
- Insert a new battery into the disposable vape.
- Make sure the new battery is fully charged before using it.
Remember, not all disposable vapes are rechargeable or have replaceable batteries. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before attempting to recharge or replace the battery.
Replacing The Cartridge
If your disposable vape is not working, you may need to replace the cartridge. Here are the steps to follow:
Remove The Old Cartridge
First, remove the old cartridge from the battery. Hold the battery in one hand and the cartridge in the other. Twist the cartridge counterclockwise until it comes off the battery.
Next, dispose of the old cartridge properly. You can check with your local recycling center for instructions on how to recycle the cartridge.
Install The New Cartridge
Once you have removed the old cartridge, you can install the new one. Here’s how:
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging.
- Hold the battery in one hand and the new cartridge in the other.
- Align the threads on the cartridge with the threads on the battery.
- Twist the cartridge clockwise until it is snug on the battery.
- Do not over-tighten the cartridge, as this can damage the battery.
Once the new cartridge is installed, you can try using your disposable vape again. If it still does not work, you may need to try other troubleshooting methods or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Disposable vapes are a convenient and affordable way to enjoy vaping without the need for maintenance or charging.
However, they can sometimes stop working before the e-liquid is finished. Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when trying to revive a dead disposable vape:
- Try charging the vape for 20 minutes before using it again.
- If the vape still doesn’t work, try taking the cartridge out and putting it back in again.
- If neither of these methods work, try vaping with your finger covering one of the airflow vents to increase pressure and get the sensors working again.
- If the device is still not working, it may be a faulty unit and you should contact the seller for a refund or replacement.
Remember, disposable vapes are meant to be used and thrown away once the e-liquid is finished.
While it can be tempting to try and extend their life, it’s important to prioritize safety and avoid using damaged or faulty devices.
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and dispose of the device properly.